Sunday, June 7, 2009

Made it through the weekend....

Where did the weekend go? Seriously, it went by way to fast. I didn't get half of the things accomplished that I had on my "to do" list.

Friday night was an uneventful dinner out and mandatory Wal*Mart shopping trip for necessities, such as nail polish and foot creme to give myself an at home pedicure. It was nice, and much cheaper than going to the salon. Of course, it was work! I wear sandals or flip flips almost everyday, so it is very important that I have pretty feet. I have a foot soaking machine that vibrates and has rollers to massage my feet. It seemed like a silly purchase at the time, but it was worth it - my Mom and I both use it a lot.

Saturday was a nice, relaxing day. A good friend brought her little girl over. We had a girls lunch date, along with a trip to the park to feed the ducks. In the afternoon I went to get my eyebrows waxed by my favorite hairdresser, and while I was there I made a long overdue appointment to get my hair cut for real, like 1 inch or more. Seriously, it is getting so long that the split ends have a style of their own. It doesn't look too bad, but that is only because I'm a 'magician' when it comes to styling my hair, and concealing all the ugly parts.

After my eyebrown appointment, my brother, SIL, EBF, and I went out on the lake for a few hours. It was nice and breezy, and the sun was out so I had a chance to work on my tan. I am as white as I've ever been, this is the first year I haven't laid in the tanning bed to get a base tan before spending weekends on the lake. Saturday night was just lazy. I napped, watched recorded shows on the DVR, and cleaned up a bit.

Then today started with an early trip to the mall, and home to take an afternoon nap to sleep off the headache I developed. My throat was sore most of the day, and the headache still won't let up. I gave up on sleeping it off when it only got worse and made me feel sick to my stomach. I ate a light dinner, then my parents and I headed to the park to get in some exercise.

Notice I haven't mentioned homework yet? Yup. I didn't do any of it until late this evening after doing some grocery shopping for the week. I sat down and started on it, but I didn't get it all done. Tomorrow is another day.

I'm still sad that the weekend went by so fast. My car didn't get cleaned, and I didn't get as much homework done as I wanted to. However, it was nice to spend a relaxing day on the lake Saturyday, and buy some smaller clothes today.

I'm weighing in on Friday's now since I have class on Monday night. I lost 4.4 pounds last week to bring my total weight loss to just a little over 23 pounds. I've officially lost a great percentage of my total body weight, and I am down 2 pants sizes. I'm not going to go buy all new clothes, I will just look like a "bag lady" for a while, wearing all my larger clothes. I don't want to splurge on a new wardrobe when I have more weight to get rid of!

Better get to bed, morning comes far to early!
-BB

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I start summer school tomorrow...BUMMER!!!

I'm so happy for you & your weight loss! How great!

MissBliss said...

"even the split ends have a style of their own..."


hahaha love it!!!

Post a Comment