Monday, June 29, 2009

The weekend totally flew by. There just isn't enough time in 2 days to do everything that needs to be done. However, I did find time to play, even though I have a final exam on Tuesday that I should be studying for, and a very hectic 6 days coming up.

This weekend I....volunteered to be the official photographer at the local 5k event and got up at 6 am to carry out my duties. I spent my entire morning standing in the sun taking pictures of people running, then rushed home and published aforementioned pictures on the website. I made a mandatory trip to get the oil changed in my car, and took a leisurely stroll around the mall shopping and sipping a Starbucks drink, I warn you - shaken iced tea lemonade (black tea, unsweetened) - is addictive! I spent Saturday evening making a Coconut Cream Pie using a Cool Whip recipe, which I substituted mostly sugar-free, and fat-free ingredients (except for the coconut) to make it Weight Watchers friendly! Yum! I ate it while watching the movie Fireproof, which was fabulous and made me shed quite a few tears. Sunday was all about relaxing in the morning, and then a mid-afternoon lake trip which caused the burning of my forehead, which just adds a little color to my face....right? I rushed home after the lake to shower and go do a radio interview to promote our local 4th of July event, which I am helping organize. I left the radio station and rushed to Wal-Mart to buy groceries to pack my dinner all week, yes you read that right, not lunch....but dinner. I went home to get ready for work today, and lay on the couch...but nope. I had telephone calls coming in, things I was requested to do, and to top it all off - something I ate made me very sick and had me running back and forth to the bathroom most of the night. Yuck! TMI - I know.

Today is the only "down time" I'm going to get this week, and I'm at work. I have to leave here early for a doctor's appointment. Then it's hope to ignore the phone, take a bubble bath and watch TiVo'ed shows. Tomorrow I'm working 1/2 a day, going to watch a friend defend her dissertation (Congratulations M!), and taking my final at 3:30. Then rushing home to work the 4th of July event from 5 - midnight. Then Wednesday, I'm getting up early, coming to work for 1/2 a day, going to another doctor's appointment, and rushing home again to work the 4th of July event from 5 - midnight. I'm off Thursday through Sunday, but I'm going to be working the 4th of July event every night, and all day Saturday, from 6 am to after midnight. On Sunday, I might just sleep all day to catch up on my sleep.

So....if you don't hear from me for a day or's ok. I'm alive and busy as ever!


Kristen said...

Holy smokes you're busy!

Post a Comment