Monday, March 23, 2009

Beginning of a Journey

Today marks the beginning of a new journey for me. I am going to begin attending Weight Watchers meetings after work on Mondays. I have done Weight Watchers before and had success, but I lost my focus and gained all my weight back. I only hope I have the determination I need to meet and exceed my goal this time.

I am ready to feel more comfortable in my own skin, and more confident in a bathing suit. I really do not eat a lot of "bad" food, I just don't eat in moderation. I constantly snack, and that is what is hurting me.

Over the weekend, as a treat, I made Philly Blackforest Stuffed Cupcakes. Mrs. Newlywed mentioned them on one of her Menu Monday's awhile back and I decided to try them. They were awesome! The recipe is from All Recipes.Com.

On Friday night I went grocery shopping to get some healthy options for lunch this week. I think lunch at work is my biggest obstacle because I am usually in a hurry and I don't want to take the time to prepare anything. I read lots of articles with good ideas, and I made myself a list. I bought Peanut Butter that was lower calories and fat, and low-fat bread so I could make myself a Peanut Butter sandwich. I bought grapes and pretzel sticks, and all the ingredients to make a great fruit salad. I also got a can of Progresso Reduced Fat soup, which is 0 Weight Watchers Points. I believe I am prepared. There isn't anything too fatty or high in calories in the cabinets at home, so I don't have any challenges, hopefully!

Wish me luck!
-BB

1 comments:

Jessica said...

That's awesome! Best of luck, BB!

It seems as if Weight Watchers would be an easier diet to follow especially because so many companies are working together with them! NOT that I'm saying diets are easy...

But, you can do it! Keep us updated!

Post a Comment