Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Test Time

I have an exam this morning at 9:30.....I didn't study. I'm going out on a limb here, it is about social problems. I think I'm pretty aware of them - gender discrimination, racism, and poverty. I think I can use common sense and pass on that alone. I hope!

I lost 4 pounds this week! Wooo hooo! The meeting leader asked me how my first week was, and I shared with the group that I'm having a hard time using all my points. They told me I'm in the 'honeymoon' stage of the diet, I will eventually be trying to find a way to eat less points so I don't go over my allowance. We will see. I am trying very hard to eat balanced, with fruit and vegetables in as many meals as possible. I eat grapes everyday, so that gets one serving of fruit out of the way. I try to eat a banana at night, and at least one serving of vegetables at dinner. I'm starting a new week, and I am determined to make a difference on the scale again next week.

Let me share a new rant with you, because you all know I love to complain about things I cannot control. Air Conditioning. Why is it that it is 65 in my office? I have to run my electric heater all day to keep my
office at a comfortable 73, or higher - depending on the amount of work I'm doing. If I'm moving around a lot, I don't need it as much. But when I'm just sitting down working on the computer, I freeze! I wish I could move the thermostat in the suite to make it more comfortable, but it's just there for show - the control it by a computer in a "remote location". Great! I'll just freeze then, since nobody seems to know where the "remote location" is.

I hope Tuesday is good to you!
-BB

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats on the 4 lb loss! That's great.

And, funny thing?! My office is THE.EXACT.SAME.WAY.

tootie said...

Good luck on your test!

My office is freezing cold, too. I always bring a sweater/jacket, even when it's warm outside!

Post a Comment