Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Time Management

The older I get, the worse I am at properly managing my time. There never seems to be enough time in the day to fit that nap in that I crave - when I was in High School, I always had time for a nap when I got home. Now, I run in the door at 6 pm or later, and I'm ready for bed by 8 - but force myself to stay up until 10 so I can get some stuff done around the house, and feel like a contributing member of the household. I know I'm not the only one in the house who feels like that - but darn! I wish I had more time to just relax!

I was planning to go for a walk tonight, and burn off some excess calories, but I have a meeting after work that begins at 7:30. It's my own fault, yet another one of my "extracurricular" activities. Now, I have to rush home, eat dinner, change clothes, and go to my meeting. Then, the meeting won't be over until 9 or 9:30 - I will have to rush home, get a shower, prepare for tomorrow and hopefully get into bed by Midnight. I just hope I have enough time. I cannot procrastinate between now and 7:30. I must leave work promptly at 5, hope and pray that some impatient driver hasn't caused yet another accident during my 40 mile commute, and prepare dinner, eat and clean up all before 7. Then change clothes, and relax for 10 minutes before running out the door! Whew. I am winded just thinking about it.

Good news? I lost 0.8 pounds last week. I was elated to have lost because I have been loosing at least a pound every week - so I figured it is bound to catch up with me, and one of these weeks I'm going to stay exactly the same in my weight. The even better news is, that I am wearing one of my smaller sized skirts today and a lady who works in my building, but not with me, commented that she thought I looked different. I proudly told her that I had been watching what I'm eating and trying to shed some weight for summer. It was nice to be recognized!

I'm off to work my butt off until 5, then home to run around like a chicken with my head cut off!
-BB

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay for wearing the smaller skirt! I bet that is super exciting - especially when you get complimented! Go lady that works in your building!

Post a Comment