Thursday, September 10, 2009

Catching A Break

I have several assignments due in the next 2 weeks, this has driven me into full on planning mode. I have had my highlighters and my planner out, and I decided that I need to take a day off to get some things done....tomorrow is that day.

I have a chapter book to read for my Children's Literature class, I plan to start it tonight and finish it tomorrow. Next, I have to write a 3-5 page paper comparing a character in the chapter book to a character in a fairy tale. So, after I read the book I will begin working on constructing my thesis statement. I love writing that interests me, this doesn't really interest me - so I'm dreading it. However, my professor is willing to read our rough draft and comment before the actual paper is due, which I am thankful for. Ideally, I would write the paper over the weekend, and e-mail it to her on Monday, but we all know that isn't going to happen. I tend to procrastinate on the weekend, especially when there is a paper to be written! I have 2 weeks to get the rough draft to her, so I'm going to take my time and make sure I have something really good before I submit it for review.

I have other small things like documents to create, and journal entries to write - but they are easy compared to this reading and paper writing. I hope to spend my day tomorrow being productive, not lazy. I really need to take advantage of the quiet house!

It's my Friday!
-BB

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Good luck on it! Now that you've mentioned your Children's Literature class, I was just thinking I should probably see when my first book assignment is due!

Post a Comment