Thursday, September 17, 2009

Goals

As most of you know, I started Weight Watchers on April 1st. In 5 short months, I have lost 40.8 pounds!

When I started weight watchers, I:
  • was slowly losing confidence in myself
  • was gaining a negative self image
  • despised shopping for clothes, especially shirts
  • knew if I lost weight, I would be happier with my body
  • wore a size 20 pants, and a size XXL shirt
5 Months Later, I:
  • have gained a lot of confidence, so much that I do not wear such baggy sweaters
  • like to look at myself in the mirror and view the transformation my body is going through
  • love shopping for new clothes, but I have more to loose - so I'm not shopping a lot yet.
  • am a lot happier with my body
  • wear a size 12 pants, and a size L or XL shirt - depending on the brand
Hitting 40 pounds was big for me because I was a member of Weight Watchers several years ago, and I lost 35 pounds and just gave up. This time is different, I made it to 40 and I'm taking it one day at a time....just wait until I hit 50 pounds....boy what a celebration that will be. No cake though!

I have found losing weight to be so much easier this time, mainly because I plan ahead. I buy fruit on the weekends and bag it individually and place it in the fridge. Every morning on my way to work I grab 2 bags of fruit to take with me. I also mainly eat Lean Cuisine entrees for lunch, because I have to eat at my desk since I am taking classes. I used to think there was too much sodium in Lean Cuisine, but it's not affecting my weight loss. In fact, Lean Cuisine has the Weight Watchers points value printed on the box!

Eating out is not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. A lot of restaurants offer healthier options. At McDonald's I can generally eat a 6 piece Chicken nugget for 6 points, and apple dippers for 1 point. Sometimes, when I'm really hungry, I'll get a fish fillet for 9 points and apple dippers for 1 point. Wendy's, Chick-Fil-A, and Jack in the Box have healthy options too.

Grocery shopping is important. The menu for dinner is planned in advance, then I know how many points I can eat during the day, so I have enough points left for dinner and a snack late in the evening if I'm still hungry.

I'm happy, and that's what is important. I can't wait to reach 50 pounds and tell you all how happy I am then, too!
-BB

2 comments:

Kmama said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. You should be very proud of yourself!!

tootie said...

40 pounds?? Wow! That is just awesome!

Post a Comment